There are no end of travel gadgets and products out there. I often wonder how people get them all in their suitcase? Many of them are just gimmicks, but there are many great products that can add real value to your travels. Here’s what we take with us when packing for an overseas trip.
We have provided some handy links so you can order online. We earn a small commission on any sales at no additional cost to our readers.
We find these lightweight Luggage Sets sets great .The wheels make them very easy to navigate through airports and along cobblestone streets. They are lightweight, yet durable enough to take knocks through baggage handling
Must have travel accessories
- When it comes to Packing Acccessories these packing cubes help to keep your suitcases organised and let you fit more into a smaller space. They are particularly handy when travelling to multiple cities as you can separate your clothes out.
When we were shopping for a secure camera bag, we were surprised to find just how many essential travel items Camera House stock. It is so convenient to simply go online and order.
- You really need an adaptor for all your electrical appliances, from chargers to shavers. This Travel adaptor from Camera house was great, letting us charge everything from phones and cameras, to Ian’s shaver.
- Talking of charging, keeping your Iphone charged all day can be a huge challenge. Parlicularly if you are constantly using it as a camera or GPS.
This handy powerbank was our solution to that problem. It was so small it easily fit into my handbag, so we could charge the phones and cameras on the go.
- Security locks are are must for securing backpacks, lockers and suitcases. These combilocks enable you to set your own unique code
- A Travel pillow has often made the difference between sleep and not on a long haul flight
- A compact document case can keep all your travel documents, cards etc together safely in one place.
- A lightweight backpack is a must for day trips.
- Clear toiletery bags make getting through customs so much easier than having to empty out your shower bag at the airport gate.
Planning your holiday wardrobe? Ally’s fashion currently have some great end of season specials, perfect for European summer
Travel clothing essentials
- I loved this lightweight rain jacket It is is something we never travel anywhere without. It can be folded up to nothing in your daypack and was a lifesaver when we got a sudden shower of rain. It was also good for keeping off a chilly breeze that didn’t necessarily need a jumper
- Thermal underwear is also a must-have if travelling to the alps or to a European winter.
- A pair of comfortable walking shoes are a must when exploring a new city. We found these were great for city walks and hikes in the alps.
- Light tote bags are also a must- pack. Most places no longer have plastic shopping bags, and they are also great to take along on day trips.
- A pashmina or large shawl is another fashion must-have when travelling. They take up no room in your case, can be carried in the bottom of your tote to ward of a chilly breeze or to cover up when entering a church or other culturally sensitive attraction.
- Travel Guides. are very useful when planning our trips, and also when navigating our way around unfamiliar places.
- Phrase books are is a must-have, particularly when navigating public transport, looking for accommodation and attractions and in restaurants.
Dog Travel accessories
Here are some of the accessories we always pack when travelling with our dogs.
Jumbo Pets has a great range of Dog crates, from soft crates to collapsible metal crates. These can be used to transport your dog safely in your vehicle, and also provide a secure bed and “safe space” when travelling
This portable dog run was one of the best investments we made for travelling with our dogs. The aluminium panels interlock into many configurations and secure into the ground with a long tent peg. We have been using ours for nearly 10 years.
We have many of these water bowls. They hang in the crates when we travel so the dogs always have access to fresh water and minimise spilling. They can also double as a feed bowl on the go when you are travelling.
A good supply of dog bedding are also a must when travelling with your dogs.
This post contains affiliate links for products you may find useful. We earn a small commission on any sales at no additional cost to our readers to compensate us for preparing this page.