We are honoured to be nominated for the The Sunshine Blogger Award recognising all the bloggers who are spreading positivity and good vibes through their blogs. It’s a really fabulous way to support and encourage other bloggers.
We were nominated by Dan and Lisa from Let’s Go Somewhere McKinney who encourage us to get out and explore the world around us, be it own backyard, or exotic locations father afield. You’ll find some great insipring reads at Let’s Go Somewhere McKinney
- Answer the 11 Questions from the Blogger that nominated us
- Create a new list of 11 questions
- Tag 11 bloggers who spread positivity through their blogs
1, If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Absolutely Tuscany in Italy. I’ve been inspired to visit since reading “Under the Tuscan Sun,” but it somehow hasn’t made it onto our itinerary.
2. What is something you struggle with?
Growing organic search traffic is a constant struggle. Am starting to see little results and just have to be patient and accept that it takes time and hard work.
3. Why did you start your blog?
When we were planning our first overseas trip, we found there was very little specific information out there for over 50’s who didnt necessarily want to go on a cruise or coach tour. We hope that by sharing some of our experiences, we can help other travellers in some small way.
4. Who is your role model? and why?
My grandmother. She was such an amazingly strong woman, who raised a huge family alone and faced many adversities in life. Yet she never complained and always looked for the good in everything and everyone. She taught me patience and perserverance.
5. If you could play any sport or instrument what would you play?
I already play piano and once played violin and have been known to get a note out of a trombone. I never got the opportunity to play flute.
6. What did profession did you want to be when you were younger?
I always wanted to be a journalist. Even as a child, we used to “edit” a local newsletter out in the cubby. I’m fortunate to be able to continue to pursue my passion even in semi-retirement.
7. What’s something most people don’t know about you?
I trained for two years as a radiographer. My parents thought it would be a better career than journalism. I hated it and moved on.
8. When you travel do you use hotel, airbnb, tent or campervan?
Depending upon the trip, all of them. However tent would be my least favourite – two nights max will do me.
9 What is your favorite place to visit?
To be at the beach listening to the waves. We are very fortunate to live just 200 metres away from the nearest beach.
10,Which do you pick: coffee, tea, soda, wine, water, beer, or alcohol?
In the mornings, coffee. I don’t function until my second cup. During the rest of the day I like to drink plenty of water.
11. Give 1 tip for new bloggers that you wish you would have learned sooner
Don’t go with a free wordpress theme. In the long run, you do get better value from setting your site up properly from the outset.
Our Questions for our Nominees
- What has been your most exciting travel destination?
- What do you feel your biggest achievement as a blogger is?
- What inspires you to continue to keep blogging?
- If you could live any place in the world, where would it be and why?
- Where do you see yourself in five years time?
- Who is your favourite author?
- What is the silliest travel mistake you have made?
- What language would you like to learn?
- What to you prefer, cruising, road trips or organised tours?
- What is your favourite social media platform?
- What advice would you give to new bloggers?
We nominate the following bloggers.
Many of them support us on a number of platforms and it is well worth checking out their blogs.
Living the Q Life
Paul and Carole love to travel
Life Journey 4 Two
Family By Choice
The Nerd with the Backpack
This Little Light
The Royal Tour
The Grey Traveller